Acceptable Use Policies
DNA Acceptable Use Policies
You shall not use the services of Digital Network Access Communications, Inc. (DNA) for any illegal, fraudulent, improper, or abusive purpose or in any way that interferes with DNA’s ability to provide high-quality services to other customers, prevents or restricts other customers from using the services, or damages any of DNA’s or its other customers’ property. If DNA finds that you are using the services for anything other than the permitted uses in this Agreement or for any of the prohibited uses in this Agreement, DNA may at its sole discretion suspend or terminate your service and charge you any applicable fees for the services used plus damages caused by your improper use.
Prohibited uses include, but are not limited to:
- Behavior that is illegal, obscene, threatening, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, malicious, infringing, tortious, or invasive of another’s privacy.
- Sending unsolicited messages or advertisements, including voice calls, email, voicemail, SMS, or faxes (commercial or otherwise) (“spamming”), or otherwise sending bulk or junk calls, email, voicemail, SMS, or faxes.
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their consent.
- Negligently, recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally transmitting any material that contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, worms, malware, spyware, or any other programs that may be harmful or dangerous.
- Creating a false Caller ID Identity (“ID spoofing”) or forged email or SMS address or header, or otherwise attempting to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of any communication made using the services.
- Transmitting any material that may infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate the foreign or domestic intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
- Violating any U.S. or foreign law regarding the transmission of technical data or software exported through the services.
- Utilizing the services in excess of what, in DNA’s sole discretion, would be expected of normal business use, including, without limitation, allowing more than one user to use a single voice line or using a single voice line in excess of what would be expected of a single user.
- Using the services in any way that interferes with other customers’ and third parties’ use and enjoyment of the services or use the services in any manner which disrupts, prevents, or restricts any other customer from using the services
- Using or employing methods or devices that are designed or likely to take advantage of, bypass, exploit, or otherwise avoid this Use Policy.
- Using the applications or services to store Protected Health Information (PHI) on a non-temporary basis.
- If you are a HIPAA-covered entity, using the applications or services to transmit, receive, or store PHI without activation of the DNA HIPAA Conduit setting, if applicable.
You further understand and agree that:
- You shall be solely liable for any transmissions sent and data stored through the services under your account, including the content of any transmission sent and data stored through the services under your account.
- You will abide by all applicable DNA policies, procedures, and agreements related to the services
- You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the services, other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the services through password mining or any other means.
- Your use of the services is subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations (including without limitation those governing account collection, export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, securities laws, and false advertising).
In addition, some of DNA’s plans and other services are offered on an “unlimited” basis. All unlimited plans:
- May only be used for normal business use.
- Are provided only for dialog between two individuals at one time per line.
- Exclude international calling, which is available for an additional fee.
- Are issued on a “one (1) user per line basis”, meaning that only one registered user may be assigned to use the services for any one line.
Unlimited plans also may not be used for any of the following prohibited uses (which are in addition to the other prohibited uses applicable to all services):
- Trunkingor forwarding your DNA number to another phone number(s) capable of handling multiple simultaneous calls or to a private branch exchange (PBX) or a key system.
- Spamming or blasting, e.g., sending one hundred (100) or more bulk or junk voicemail or faxes simultaneously.
- Bulk call-in lines, e.g., customer support or sales call centers, “hotlines,” 900 numbers, sports line numbers, etc.
- Auto-dialing or “predictive” dialing, i.e., non-manual dialing or using a software program or other means to continuously dial or place outbound calls.
In addition, unusually high usage of the services may impair DNA’s ability to provide high-quality services to others or indicate unauthorized use of the services, in which case DNA may suspend or terminate your account or, upon prior notice, convert your account to a metered calling plan that charges significantly higher usage rates.
DNA reserves the right to switch you, the customer, to metered long distance in the event that DNA determines that the minutes per month exceed the average monthly usage standards as established by all businesses.
DNA further reserves the right to add to, modify or amend this Use Policy at any time for any reason at its sole discretion.