Network Systems Administrator
Every business has their own unique DNA and culture. We believe your communication systems need to be as unique as your business.
Network Systems Administrator
DNA Communications has an immediate opening for a Network Systems Administrator in the DeKalb/Sycamore Illinois Area. This position’s pay is $40,000-$80,000 and includes benefits, paid vacation/holidays, Simple IRA with company match, and more. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Performs installation, configuration, maintenance, testing, and troubleshooting tasks in support of customers.
- Provisioning of newly procured endpoints to include CPE for modems, managed services, and phones. Perform support, moves, adds, and changes.
- Installation, patch installation/patch removal (if applicable), upgrades, and migrations of hypervisors, operating systems, open-source software, and Commercially Available Off-the-Shelf (COTS) software.
- Deploy configuration of Hosted PBX, managed services, and other CPE.
- Provide user management account support where Elevated Privileges (EP) may be required.
- Perform software application installation and configuration based on change order instructions.
- Utilize log data and system administration tools to diagnose system hardware and software problems, repair, and re-configure or replace defective system components as indicated.
- Perform system monitoring and analysis on assigned systems to discover risks and inadequacies, and provide recommendations on the need for expansion, enhancement, or revision.
- Performs inventory functions to include managing pagers and turn-ins, including performing media sanitization, disposal and/or turn-in of equipment.
- Perform asset management to include asset inventory, audit and tracking, asset administration and reporting, integrated IT asset portfolio, and history and forecasting, automating the asset management process as necessary.
- 3+ Years of experience
- Thorough working knowledge of widely used construction practices of fiber cable.
These are the platforms that you’ll be working with:
- Windows Server
- Office 365
- Custom Applications and Services
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job requirements, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. Please read the following requirements for background investigation prior to considering employment at DNA Communications.
• I-9 Employment Verification
• Drug Test
• Motor Vehicle Driving Records
• Criminal History
• Sex Offender Register
• Terrorist Watch List
• Credit History
• Employment History
• Background Check
• Education Verification
• International Background Check (If required)